Personal information protection policy
Challenge Co., Ltd. recognizes the proper protection of personal information (as referred to “personal information” specified in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information; the same applies below) as a serious responsibility, and handles personal information under the following policies to fulfill this responsibility.
- We will handle personal information properly in compliance with laws that provide for the protection of personal information and other relevant laws and regulations, and in accordance with generally accepted practices concerning the handling of personal information. We will also strive to improve our handling of personal information as appropriate.
- We will lay down clear internal rules for handling personal information and disseminate these rules among all employees. We will also request our business partners to handle personal information in an appropriate manner.
- When acquiring personal information, we will do so within the scope that is needed for the purposes of use specified below, by legal and fair means. Where the purpose of use is expressly defined for each service, we will acquire and use personal information in line with that purpose. If we need to acquire personal information for any other purpose, we will provide advance notice.
[Purposes of use]
- To respond to inquiries and requests for information materials
- To provide products, services and relevant information about Challenge
- To select new recruits from among job applicants and process the accompanying paperwork
- To exercise rights and fulfill obligations based on relevant laws and regulations, and to execute operations related to the business activities of Challenge
- The personal information you provide will not be disclosed or provided to any third party, except in the following cases.
- When disclosing or providing personal information with your consent
- When required by law or to comply with legally binding requests to disclose or provide your personal information
In addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information to Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Group companies, and their distributors, business partners and subcontractors, to respond appropriately to inquiries and to jointly use the information within the scope of the purposes of use specified in advance. In cases where your personal information is to be disclosed to affiliated companies overseas, we will obtain your prior consent, except when permitted by law.
- We will take appropriate safety management measures to prevent the leakage, loss, and alteration of personal information.
- We will respond appropriately to any opinions and requests you may have regarding our handling of the personal information we collect from you via this website, including notifications on the purposes of use. We will also respond to your requests for the disclosure, correction, addition, termination of use, or deletion of your personal information (called “request for disclosure of personal information”), upon verifying your identification. Requests for disclosure of personal information and complaints about our handling of personal information should be directed to the contact below.